Click here to watch a live webcast of the event, starting at 10:30 a.m.
The Albany Government Law Review will host its Spring 2011 symposium TODAY, Monday, April 11, 2011 from 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. This all-day event will include several panels discussing a variety of topics, including enhancing drug use, labor negotiations and collective bargaining, stadium development, intellectual property rights in the age of new media, player representation and contract negotiation and the history and development of free agency.
Participants to date include:
- John Thorn, Official Baseball Historian, Major League Baseball
- Henry D. Fetter, Author, Taking on the Yankees: Winning and Losing in the Business of Baseball
- Joseph Gunn, New York City Corporation Counsel
- Eric Bowman ’90, Founder and Senior Partner, Bowman Law Firm
- Martin Schwimmer, Partner, Leason Ellis LLP
- Moshe Bonder ’03, Regional General Counsel – Americas, CG Power Solutions USA, Inc.
- Katherine Baynes, Partner, DLA Piper LLP
- Michael Klein, Town Attorney, Town of Ramapo
- David Fernandez ’92, Partner, Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP
- JR Rickert, President and CEO, National Sports Management
- David L. Snyder, Professor, Department of Sports Management, State University of New York College at Cortland
- Rick Murphy, Vice President, General Manager, Partner, Tri-City Valley Cats
- Douglas Gladstone, Author, A Bitter Cup of Coffee: How the MLB and The Players Association Threw 874 Retirees a Curve
- Hank Domin, Sports Editor, Albany Times Union
- Professor Paul Finkelman, President William McKinley Distinguished Professor of Law and Public Policy, Albany Law School
For details about time and room location, click here. The symposium is free and open to the public.
For additional information, contact Ian Group at 518-472-5863.